The Asia-related centers at Harvard University offers grants to undergraduate and graduate student organizations for projects involving individual countries or spanning multiple countries in Asia. These grants are offered on an ongoing basis; however organizations are encouraged to apply as early as possible as funds are limited. Harvard undergraduate and graduate student groups should apply using the common Asia-related Centers application form. Please see below attached PDF application.
A student organization grant application to be funded (fully or partially) by the Korea Institute (via the common Asia-related Centers application) would need to encompass the following items:
- There needs to be a significant Korea component
- Participation of core Korea faculty is strongly preferred
- The activity needs to be in fulfillment of the Korea Institute mission which is the academic and scholarly of supporting and developing Korean Studies at Harvard and not for cultural activities
- Ordinarily, awards do not exceed $1000
- After the activity, a report on the activity and 2-4 photos post event are required to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For student organization grant questions please contact: Jorge Espada, email@example.com, in the Asia Center, Room S111 CGIS South.